How do I get started?
This page should help you get started with the internet connection included in your student apartment. You need a working Network Interface card in your computer.
- Connect the network cable to the internet socket in your apartment.
- Ensure that your computer is configured to recieve an IP-address automatically, also known as DHCP. Most computers are already configured to do this.
- Start your web browser and go to the address http://hemma.sgsstudentbostader.se
- You will be redirected to a page where you can register your connection.
- Complete the registration process.
Your computer is most likely already configured to recieve an IP-address automatically. If your computer does not have this option set, you can follow one of the guides listed below to adjust the settings in your computer.
If you have a broadband router
NOTE If you have a broadband router, you must configure the WAN / Internet port to obtain IP address automatically. In most cases, you reach the broadband interface by visiting: http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1. The correct address is listed in the user manual.